December 15, 2003

Bush: 'Good Riddance' to Hussein (washingtonpost.com)

Bush: 'Good Riddance' to Hussein (washingtonpost.com)

An excellent press conference and this is the statement that is most meaningful:

"But more importantly, Saturday was a great day for the people who have suffered under this tyrant. I believe, firmly believe -- and you've heard me say this a lot, and I say it a lot, because I truly believe it -- that freedom is the almighty God's gift to every person -- every man and woman who lives this in this world. That's what I believe."

Freedom is a gift from God, the whole doctrine of free will is embodied in that gift to humankind. Salvation and eternal life is the more precious gift of God through Jesus Christ to those who believe He is who he said He is, the Son of God.

No comments: