December 30, 2004

The New York Times > Washington > Social Security Underestimates Future Life Spans, Critics Say

Here's a key element in the SS debate!

"Life expectancy at birth increased by 30 years in the last century, and many independent demographers, citing the promise of biomedical research and the experience of some other industrialized countries, predict significant increases in this century. The Social Security Administration foresees a much slower rise.

"Life expectancy will make a very big difference in the fiscal viability of Social Security, but the agency's projections of longevity appear too conservative," said Prof. Samuel H. Preston of the University of Pennsylvania, one of the world's leading demographers."


1 comment:

Nathan Frampton said...

Wow, I really like your blog. I will be sure to check it on a regular basis.

You may want to check out my blog "Framptonia" at nathanframpton.blogspot.com . I have a few contributors and there are some great discussions.

You may also want to try blog explosion to get more readers on your blog. I have a blog explosion link on my blog if you are interested.