April 13, 2005

The New York Times > Business > The Former Chief of A.I.G. Is Silent Before Regulators

The Freeman Foundation located in Vermont has been very generous to many Vermont non-profits with its philanthropic contributions. I understand that the Freeman Foundation's resources are created from AIG. It's sad that the CEO of AIG for decades seems to be a crook.

"A.I.G. is cooperating with the investigation. The company is scrambling to file its annual financial report with regulators by April 30. But according to a recent state insurance filing made by A.I.G., outlining all of the companies it owns completely or partially, the company is complex. As of the end of 2003, the most recent document that is available, A.I.G.'s corporate structure included 812 entities. The entities are either wholly or partly owned by A.I.G."

No comments: