May 24, 2013

A Battering Ram Becomes a Stonewall - WSJ.com

A Battering Ram Becomes a Stonewall - WSJ.com: ""I don't know." "I don't remember." "I'm not familiar with that detail." "It's not my precise area." "I'm not familiar with that letter."

These are quotes from the Internal Revenue Service officials who testified this week before the House and Senate. That is the authentic sound of stonewalling, and from the kind of people who run Washington in the modern age—smooth, highly credentialed and unaccountable."

This story may be behind the WSJ paywall, but Peggy Noonan is right on target. She recommends that an independent counsel be appointed and a full investigation of the IRS politically targeting conservative groups seeking non-profit status.

I agree this is needed. If the IRS is targeting groups , liberal or conservative, unequally for special scrutiny when they apply for non-profit status, how can we trust the IRS in other affairs, particularly now that they have additional authority under ObamaCare?

'via Blog this'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with Peggy and while she is at it she should add an inquiry into Bush and Cheney's assertions that Iraq had WMD's. I,am amazed at the selective outrage of republicans.

David Usher said...

Agree that any malfeasance in government, regardless of political party should be exposed, investigated and punished.