March 21, 2003

Thank You, Tony Blair

I have enormous respect for Tony Blair on two counts:

1/ He is a man of principle (as is President Bush), rather than a 'finger in the wind' politician. He recognizes good from evil, right from wrong and is willing to risk his future on his beliefs.

2/ He is a true friend of America.

This link suggests that he did a masterful job in parliament earlier in the week: I don't know where you come down on the war with Iraq, but I am a 110% supporter of Bush's position. He is doing the right thing. Chirac is a Gaullist retread and a menace to solidarity in the Western Alliance. (Schroeder in Germany is a second rate politician steeped in the pacifiist movement). The sooner Chirac is removed from office or collapses from old age, the better.

The only circumstance that would change my mind on Iraq is if no weapons of mass destruction were found there. My suspicion is that if such weapons are found, both France and Germany may wind up in embarassing straits. If they are not found, then I must rethink my position on President Bush.

No comments: