July 25, 2003

A Self-described Vermont Environmetalist

Best description I've seen by a 'true' Vermont environmentalist. I must have missed the part about the need for a strong economy. Or is there no need for Vermont's abilty to create jobs and income so folks like this can indulge their passions? Perhaps a trust fund person without financial worries??
++++++++++++++
From Dwinell Political Report:

"There is only one thing that is extreme in this whole discussion, and that is the venom that the Douglas administration and its supporters are spitting at people who care about minimizing our exposure to pollutants in the name of public health and environmental protection. While I drive a high-mileage car, do not have air conditioning in my home, hang out my laundry to dry, grow most of my own food and live with solar panels, I also care about the larger issues such
as how all the chemicals we are using are making people sick. Until we stop poisoning ourselves, we will continue to see increasing health care costs and unnecessary human suffering. If caring about people makes me an extremist, then count me in"

No comments: