March 10, 2006

Writely Blog - Google Buys Writely

Big News from Writely.

I have been using Writely this winter quite often to share documents in my business and personal life. I find it a very slick product, powerful and easy to use. I will continue to use it. Now that Google has snapped up the company, I expect we'll see even more improvements. Yet, I find that most average users have some angst and difficulty getting their heads around the notion of browser-based applications.

For now, Writely is not accepting new beta users. I hope that ban will be lifted soon as Google integrates the company ito its infrastructure.

Here's the Writely FAQ page for anyone who wants to know more.

In time this web-based word processor will give Microsoft a run for their money, but I suspect it won't be long before we see a version of Word appear, probably at live.com or at Microsoft Office Live.

No comments: