September 21, 2006

Lessons From U.N. Week - New York Times

Lessons From U.N. Week - New York Times:

I was thinking of canceling my TimesSelect subscription earlier this month because I disagree so frequently with the editorial positions of the paper. At the last minute I decided to keep it. Now I know why.

David Brooks has such a keen intellect and insight with the talent to express reality and truth (some would call it opinion), that I find myself almost always agreeing with him. Just reading his column twice a week is almost worth the 50 bucks for the subscription.

Please read his full column today. In it he clearly and rationally explains the dilemma we face in dealing with the Islamic nutcases. (I suffer no symptoms of that debilitating disease that afflicts so many...political correctness).

"What these Americans see is fanatical violence, a rampant culture of victimology and grievance, a tendency by many Arabs to blame anyone other than themselves for the problems they create. These Americans donÂ?t believe they should lower their standards of tolerable behavior merely for the sake of multicultural politeness, and they are growing ever more disgusted with commentators and leaders who are totally divorced from the reality they see on TV every night."


Kudos to Mr. Brooks. He may be the Times' token conservative, but he outshines the leftwingers like Dowd, Rich and Krugman whose columns I don't waste time reading any longer. Friedman is still worth a read because he understands the Mid-east dilemma, too.

No comments: