February 18, 2009

Obama Speech on Mortgage Assistance for Homeowners

After watching Obama's speech to day describing the Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan for assisting people having trouble paying their mortgages, I was positively impressed. I think it was one of the best speeches he has delivered. He had command of the facts on a complicated subject and delivered it 'Presidentially.'

I know he has teleprompters, nevertheless he was persuasive in his no-nonsense delivery laying out the facts and standards and convincing that this is the right thing to be doing at this time. I don't think Bush could have done this nearly as well.

Whether the plan is any good is a different question.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This speech isn't readily available yet online. I found the following highlights,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCCSjaQs-iI

Thanks.