July 3, 2007

Vista - Networking Problems - Try This ~ The Blade by Ron Schenone, MVP

Vista - Networking Problems - Try This ~ The Blade by Ron Schenone, MVP

After a day of frustration attempting to get Windows Vista on my new PC properly networked with my two XP PCs, I finally found this site and followed the advice provided. Happily, my network seems to be working properly. When it was not functioning correctly, I could see and access shared folders on the two XP PCs, but they could not see the Vista PC.

Ron's advice was simple, accurate and effective. THANK YOU, RON!!!

I will never forgive Microsoft and firewall suppliers for making the networking process so frustrating and painful, at least for me. The last time I installed an XP PC, I had similar frustrations, all seemingly involving the firewalls.

It certainly should be easier than this, despite the security that everyone is attempting to insure.

No comments: