November 29, 2007

A New Global and Local Telecom Service

If Skype was disruptive to telcos, then Cubic Telecom is their nightmare (and good for you) by ZDNet's David Berlind


-- "A few weeks prior to my scheduled departure for Dublin, Ireland where I ran the most recent Mashup Camp, I started handing out the phone numbers of my hotel and traveling companions to people who might want to reach me while I was over there. For cell phone usage, I’m a Verizon Wireless customer [...]"

David has spent a great deal of time testing and describing the Cubic Telecom model from a customer's viewpoint and come away with the conclusion that it's going to be a winner because it's so disruptive to current business models. It saves the consumer money, particularly the roaming international user. I will check further into this for use on our trip to Italy and Prague in 2008.

No comments: