February 28, 2005

PCWorld.com - First Look: Picasa 2 Improves Upon Original

I agree with this review of Picasa 2, particularly the photo organization frustrations. The editing features cover 90% of what most digital photographers will want.

"It would be extremely helpful to have a sorting option that is similar to Windows Explorer, complete with folder hierarchies and the ability to create subfolders. That way, folks like me who are used to the Explorer-like structure can easily find, organize, and navigate their photo albums.

True, Picasa 2 lets you rework the folder names and other details it serves up, but doing so felt a bit like redoing work I'd already done. Plus, it wouldn't let me perform tasks such as reorganizing or moving my existing folders, or creating subfolders."

No comments: