March 7, 2005

Reluctant Rather Is Set to Sign Off

Goodbye, Dan. I'm happy to see you go, although for the past few years you have been irrelevant to my intake of news. Your legacy, at best, will be severely tarnished by the mess that you and your news team made of the Bush story. Your plea that you are 'only interested in the news' rings hollow. You are and have been a journalist who saw the news through a liberal lens. You and CBS News have descended into the depths of bias which has created flawed journalism. You may be a victim of the demise of on-air broadcast journalism, but I think downfall has more to do with your ego, which is much larger than your ethical underpinnings.


Your quote below is self-serving.

"'I've learned to trust the audience,' he said. 'The harshest critic could not be nearly as hard on me as I am on myself.'"

No comments: