October 23, 2007

Windows Home Server in depth: the Ars Technica review: Page 3

Windows Home Server in depth: the Ars Technica review

I'm capturing this link to an excellent review of the workings of Windows Home Server soon to be on store shelves. HP is one company among several that will have its own product, not yet available (10/23/07). I'll look intently at this offering. If it will make life easier for storage and manipulation of our photos and other data on my home network, I may consider it...if the price is right.

Cnet has a strongly positive review here for the HP version (HP MediaSmart Server ex475) with a terabyte of storage on two hard drives.

Ed Bott's very positive review of the HP server is here. It's well worth reading for those who are interested in buying. (That includes me).

The HP WHS is now available to order at Amazon.com.

How to build your own is here.

A very detailed review of HP's WHS is here.

No comments: