July 8, 2010

Pew: Mobile Web Use Now The Norm

Pew: Mobile Web Use Now The Norm

I suppose it's nearing the time when I should join those who access the Internet via cell phone to increase the lowly % from my age cohort described in one of the charts accompanying this story. Besides, my 'old' non-smartphone has a crack in the glass face, but is perfectly functional. No, I didn't do it on purpose...it's a long story.

I have been using my laptop to connect via 3G for a few years, but have been agonizing over when and what kind of smartphone to purchase. My choice definitely needs to have WiFi hotspot capability even though the two-year contract on my Verizon MiFi runs until next April.

Could I upgrade that device to a smartphone with WiFi hotspot capability?

Should I wait for Verizon's LTE 4G to arrive in my area and buy a 4G smartphone or jump in now and upgrade in a couple of years? Or will iPhone really come to Verizon in 3Gg...or will Apple wait for 4G deployment before joining VZ?

Or is the Verizon Droid X what I need now to satisfy my technolust? I really like what I'm reading about Android.

All savvy advice welcomed!!

No comments: