July 17, 2005

When an Explanation Doesn't Explain Enough - New York Times

The Times seemingly can't help itself as it screws up again in its vengeance against the Bush administration. What a terrible shame from a newspaper that once was held in much higher esteem.

I often ask myself why I read and blog about the Times articles so often. I think it's because there are excellent writers who expound on such a wide range of issues. What turns me negative on the Times are their news and editorial positions and the editorial license as to what news to cover, what to print and what to offer opinions about.

They certainly aren't improving and the Public Editor is correct in surfacing these messes they create for themselves. Thankfully, the Times has a decent public editor. I wonder what sanctions Shipley will incur and will the editor who screwed up be disciplined? Why isn't that in the Public Editor's explanation?

No comments: